If you need your football shoes to last for a long time without fading or cracking, then you need to take care of it in the right way. There are more than a dozen different ways to take care of a foot shoe, however, not all could be followed easily. Here is the list of tips and instructions to clean and take care of the football shoes.
How to clean your foot shoes –
Cleaning football shoes is easy if you know how to do it. However, if the cleaning is done carelessly, it could kill the shoes. Follow the cleaning instruction mentioned below to clean your football shoes.
Football shoes cleaning accessories and things required –
- Warm water
- Old toothbrush
- Soft cloth
- Laundry detergent
- Football shoe protector
Step 1: Remove the laces and insole from both the shoes carefully. Do not pull out the shoelace before checking if any knots would hinder the removal.
Step 2: Put the laces and insoles in a mesh bag and then load the mesh bag in the washing machine to clean it. Consider using a harsh detergent if required in the washing machine.
Step 3: To clean the football shoes, you need to first fill the washbasin with warm water and place the shoes in the basin. Only the sole of the shoe should be immersed in water. This would lose most of the dirt, grime, and mud sticking on it.
Step 4: Use a medium-hard brush to scrub off the mud, dirt, and grime on the sole of the shoes to remove it. If you find the dirt and grime still not coming off the sole of the shoes, you should soak the sole again in warm soap water.
Step 5: Now, to clean the upper part of the football shoes, you need to take a toothbrush or scrubber and apply soap or detergent to it. Then, use this toothbrush and scrubber to rub the upper part of the shoes.
Step 6: If you find the stains and dirt still sticking on the skin, you should consider sprinkling some detergent on the shoes and then leave it there for at least one or two hours.
Step 7: Now, use s brush the rub over the stains, and then with a wet cloth wipe the area to check if the stain is removed. If yes, with the same wet cloth, wipe the entire shoes. If your shoes are waterproof, you could also pour water on the exterior.
Remember, pouring water on the football shoes is recommended, but, soaking the football shoes in water will kill the shoes. The stitches and the fabric could be damaged.
Step 8: Pick the laces and insoles from the washing machine and along with cleaned football shoes, put it outside under direct sunlight for drying. Keep them exposed to direct sunlight for at last 3 or 4-hours maximum.
Remove the lace and insoles after one hour, and at the same time, make sure the shoes are drying. Some of the international shoe brands and some of the top-rated Indian brands suggest specific accessories and cleaning solution for cleaning their football shoes, consider using it.
How to take care of football shoes –
To take care of football shoes, there are several tips that you could help you with.
- There are different types of football shoes available for a different type of football fields, always consider using the right type of football shoes based on the field type.
- Do not use a football shoe for anything other than playing football. Some people tend to use football shoes for multipurpose, this could damage the shoes and reduce the lifespan of the shoes.
- Arrange or organize your football shoes perfectly somewhere safe, do not throw them or put them somewhere congested just because they are designed to handle stress and strain.
- If you find the studs losing their efficiency, consider replacing them with new ones. Most of the brands offer replacement studs for their football shoes on the market today.
- If the football shoe is wet after playing, consider leaving placing them somewhere with paper stuffed into it. If the shoe is wet and you need to wear it, then you need to place a few layers of newspaper or tissue paper inside it. This would offer a level of comfort for your foot.
- Clean your football shoes once a week. If you are a person who uses football shoes frequently, then, consider cleaning the shoe daily.
Apart from all these tips and cleaning instructions, you need to make sure that you do not expose the football shoes to direct sunlight for a long time. It is also important not to neglect the cleaning and caring instructions.