Unlike most of the shoes on the market today, Tennis shoes are designed to be more durable and long-lasting. However, this does not mean that you simply do nothing to clean and care about it and hope to enjoy it for a long time. Get rid of such ridiculous assumptions. No matter what type of shoes, if you do not take care of it properly it would not last for a long time. Most of the manufacturers calculate the approximate lifespan of Tennis shoes because the customer would care about them properly. Here is how to take care of your Tennis shoes.
How to care for your tennis shoes in the right way –
Caring for a tennis shoe is not as easy as most people assume. As you know, tennis shoes need to clean and offer maximum grip to the player. If left without proper care, a tennis shoe would not offer these benefits. To take care of your tennis shoes in the right way, follow the tips mentioned below.
- Never stack one tennis shoes over the other, if you have more than one pair of tennis shoes, consider organizing them on a flat surface one near the other or a shoe rack. Never put one shoe on top of the other.
- As soon as you take the shoes out of the box, you need to start taking care of it. Start with spraying shoe protectors that could protect your shoes from water and stains. Do not neglect this instruction, if you do not use shoe protector spray on your shoes, some of the stains might be impossible to remove.
- If you are taking a break from playing, then you need to pack the shoes properly and store it. Do not leave the tennis shoe without any proper packaging for a long time. The right way to do it is to re-stuff the shoes with old newspaper, magazine, or tissue paper, then wrap it in bed spreads or pack it in a box.
- Never leave your tennis shoes exposed to direct sunlight for a prolonged time. No matter the brand or model, no shoe would be able to withstand fading and cracking if exposed to direct sunlight for a long time.
- Clean your tennis shoe regularly after use, we recommend that you do it once a week or once in 10-days.
- Consider using appropriate tennis shoes, there are different types of tennis shoes available for different types of fields, always consider suitable tennis shoes only. Do not try to use an incompatible tennis shoe on an incompatible court.
- While cleaning tennis shoes, you should not put too much pressure on the brushing. If you put too much pressure on brushing, it could damage the fabrics and loosen them.
- Use suitable cleaning solutions, premium brands and models come with specific manufacturer instructions on care and cleaning, read it carefully, and use the specified cleaning solution and accessories.
- Cleaning tennis shoes demand hot water, you mustn’t use very hot water. If you use very hot water to clean your tennis shoes, the shoe could wrinkle or fold.
How to clean a pair of tennis shoe –
Cleaning tennis shoes is easy as most of them are designed to be durable. This means the user could clean it however he/she wants with the right cleaning accessories. Here is how to do it.
Step 1: Pick up the shoes and remove the laces and put them in a mesh laundry bag. Toss the bag into a washing machine and then add some heavy-duty detergent into it. Wait for 10-minutes and remove the lace from the bag and place them under direct sunlight.
Step 2: Pick the shoes again and remove the insole from it, wipe the insole with a soap water-soaked rag or fiber cloth. Instead of soap water, you could use warm water and baking soda solution. After wiping the insole place them aside and wait for some time. If the insoles are too dirty, consider sprinkling baking soda directly on it and wait.
Step 3: Now, set the insole aside and wait. In the meantime, you should pick the shoes and then start pouring water on the exterior of the shoes carefully. This would get rid of the loose dirt and dust on the shoes.
Step 4: If the soles of the shoe has hard mud or dirt sticking on it, dip the sole in water and wait for 5-minutes. Now, with a medium-hard toothbrush or any small brush, try to scrub off the mud or dirt.
Step 5: Once you are done cleaning the sole, with a fiber cloth or any fresh cloth soaked in soap/detergent water, wipe the top of the shoes carefully, avoid using harsh Laundry detergent.
Step 6: Consider sprinkling detergent on hard-to-remove stains and then wipe them clean. After cleaning, with a cloth or fiber cloth soaked in regular water, wipe the shoe again to remove the excess soap and dirt on it.
Step 7: Now, pick the insole and soak it in regular water and then, place the shoe and insole near the laces under direct sunlight for at least 3-hours. Remove the insoles and laces after an hour and shoes after 2 or 3-hours. While taking the insoles and laces away, check if the shoe is dry, if found dry, take it away.
Almost every tennis shoes are designed in the same way, therefore, the cleaning instructions would be the same. However, if there are any specific instructions from the brand, follow it, or improvise the above-listed instructions accordingly.